The Adobe Flash Platform and Facebook Platform provide the ideal solution for building rich, social experiences on the web. Flash is available on more than 98% of Internet-connected PCs, so people can immediately access the applications, content, and video that enable social interactions. The Facebook Platform is used by millions of people everyday to connect and share with the people in their lives. Together, both platforms allow you to:
- Share: Create rich interactions for users to share with friends.
- Have fun: Make games social; let users compete against their friends.
- Connect: Let users connect to your RIAs with Facebook Connect.
- Solve problems: Build RIAs that harness the power of community.
- Reach people: Reach millions of Facebook users through social distribution.
The new ActionScript 3.0 Client Library for Facebook Platform API, fully supported by Facebook and Adobe, makes it easy to build applications that combine the strengths of the Flash Platform and Facebook Platform.
Below are some links that will help you get started with writing Facebook apps using Flex. (This list is going to grow as I find new articles and create new apps)
Flex + Facebook
Create your first Facebook application with Flex
Deploy your first Flex application on Facebook
Create a 3D Sliding Puzzle Game in Flex with ActionScript 3.0 and Away3D